In the following tutorial, you will learn how you can resize desktop icons in Windows 7, 8 and 10.
There are two basic ways to do this. Both two are very easy and uncomplicated, but for those who are not very familiar with computers, it's worth breaking it down in a few steps.
The first way to make desktop icons smaller or larger:
- Right click on the desktop, a list of available options should expand.
- Hover your cursor over the "view" item, where you will be shown additional options for setting the desktop view.
- We choose from a list, depending on our expectations and preferences: small icons, medium icons or large icons.
Way two of resizing icons in Windows:
- Press and hold down the Ctrl key.
- Without releasing the key, resize the icons using the scroll wheel located on the mouse.
REMEMBER: The smaller the icon size you choose, the more icons will fit on the main desktop, so if you are a person who usually has many icons on the desktop, the largest available size will not work.
TIP: If small icons make it difficult for you to read and work at your computer, it's a good idea to sort files into individual folders before increasing och size, this will save space on your desktop.
How to create a new folder and sort the files in it?
- As with resizing icons, right-click on the desktop.
- Select "New" from the list.
- Then, from the available options, select the "Folder" item, which should be at the very top of the list.
- An icon named "New folder" will appear on the desktop.
- We can give it a name that interests us, such as "vacation photos" or "games," depending on which files we will place in the resulting folder.
- We drag files from the desktop to the folder we created.
REMEMBER: It is important to name the folder in such a way that we know at a glance what its contents are. This will make it easier for you to search for files later. You can change the name even after you have finished filing, by double-clicking with a few seconds interval on the current folder name, with the left mouse button, or by right-clicking on the folder and selecting "Rename" from the bottom of the list.
TIP: You can create folders in folders, e.g. by dragging one folder into another, or by creating a new folder in the one already created in the same way as described in creating folders on the desktop.